Today, Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ: COLM) released its Corporate Responsibility Report 2020, which includes performance highlights and progress made throughout 2020 in the three main focus areas of its corporate responsibility strategy: empowering people, sustaining places and responsible practices.
Despite an extremely difficult year, which affected operations across the globe, corporate responsibility remained a priority for Columbia Sportswear Company in 2020.
“Throughout the year, we have remained true to our core values by continuing to invest in our people and our sustainable manufacturing processes, while focusing on pressing social challenges,” said Tim Boyle, President of the board, president and chief executive officer. “I am proud that our employees have met the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, not only by being as productive as ever, but by excelling. “
The report highlights the work being done by its four main brands – Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna. In 2020, Columbia Sportswear Company:
- Set a climate target of 30% reduction in manufacturing emissions by 2030.
- Creation of a high-level leadership team on diversity, equity and inclusion and implementation of three new resource groups for employees
- We built seven new water towers in the communities of our manufacturing partners, bringing our total to 22 water towers built under the Columbia Clean Drinking Water program. Each water tower supplies up to 1,800 people a day with drinking water.
- Donated nearly $ 1,900,000 to causes and charities.
- Had at least 72% of the styles among brands that contained one or more preferred material attributes.
- Diverted 2.6 million polybags from landfills due to prAna eliminating polybags from certain products.
The report also sheds light on CSC’s response to COVID-19, voting, social and racial justice, and the climate.
To learn more about Columbia Sportswear Company’s corporate responsibility efforts, see the 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report here. The company has also published a Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) index, which discloses the company’s corporate responsibility efforts in accordance with industry-specific SASB standards and can be viewed here.
About Columbia Sportswear Company:
Columbia Sportswear Company has assembled a portfolio of brands for an active lifestyle, making it a leader in the global industry of active lifestyle clothing, footwear, accessories and gear. Founded in 1938 in Portland, Oregon, the company’s brands are sold today in approximately 90 countries. In addition to the Columbia® brand, Columbia Sportswear Company also owns the Mountain Hardwear®, SOREL® and prAna® brands. To learn more, visit the company’s websites at www.columbia.com, www.mountainhardwear.com, www.sorel.com and www.prana.com.