A number of companies have changed their ratings and price targets on the shares of Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ: COLM) recently:
- 04/29/2022 – Columbia Sportswear has been downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “underperforming” rating. They now have a price target of $80.00 on the stock, down from $108.00 previously.
- 04/29/2022 – Columbia Sportswear has been downgraded by StockNews.com analysts from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 04/29/2022 – Columbia Sportswear has had its price target lowered by Robert W. Baird analysts from $110.00 to $100.00.
- 04/28/2022 – Columbia Sportswear has been downgraded by TheStreet analysts from a ‘b’ rating to a ‘c+’ rating.
- 04/12/2022 – Columbia Sportswear has been downgraded by Zacks Investment Research analysts from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a price target of $92.00 on the stock. According to Zacks, “Columbia Sportswear shares have outperformed the industry over the past three months. The company benefits from its strong direct-to-consumer (DTC) business, which, coupled with a full-price retail landscape, has boosted fourth quarter 2021 results. During the quarter, both top and bottom results increased year-over-year and exceeded Zacks’ consensus estimate. The strong performance reflects the strength of the brands in the company. However, the company has been experiencing high SG&A costs and high ocean freight costs for some time. The year-over-year increase in SG&A expenses can be attributed to the costs of supporting the growth of the business, which include increased global retail, incentive compensation, demand creation and personnel costs. Management expects gross margin to contract by approximately 160 basis points and wait rises to nearly 50% in 2022.”
- 03/31/2022 – Columbia Sportswear is now covered by StockNews.com analysts. They set a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Columbia Sportswear opened at $76.31 on Monday. The stock has a market capitalization of $4.80 billion, a P/E ratio of 13.75, a price-to-earnings growth ratio of 1.54 and a beta of 0.90. The company has a fifty-day simple moving average of $88.49 and a 200-day simple moving average of $94.26. Columbia Sportswear has a 12-month low of $76.01 and a 12-month high of $109.40.
Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM – Get Rating) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, April 28. The textile maker reported earnings per share (EPS) of $1.03 for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.85 by $0.18. The company posted revenue of $761.50 million in the quarter, compared to $762.88 million expected by analysts. Columbia Sportswear had a net margin of 11.19% and a return on equity of 19.34%. The company’s revenue for the quarter increased 21.7% year over year. During the same period of the previous year, the company achieved EPS of $0.84. On average, sell-side analysts expect Columbia Sportswear to post earnings per share of 5.85 for the current year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, June 2. Shareholders of record on Thursday, May 19 will receive a dividend of $0.30 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, May 18. This represents an annualized dividend of $1.20 and a dividend yield of 1.57%. Columbia Sportswear’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 21.62%.
Separately, director Ronald E. Nelson sold 3,706 shares of the company in a trade on Thursday, May 5. The shares were sold at an average price of $80.16, for a total value of $297,072.96. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 14,402 shares of the company, valued at $1,154,464.32. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available via this hyperlink. Additionally, director Stephen E. Babson sold 2,568 shares of the company in a trade on Tuesday, May 3. The shares were sold at an average price of $81.14, for a total transaction of $208,367.52. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 112,627 shares of the company, valued at $9,138,554.78. The disclosure of this sale can be found here. 40.33% of the shares are currently held by insiders.
Several large investors have recently changed their positions in the company. Atlanta Capital Management Co. LLC increased its holdings of Columbia Sportswear stock 3.5% in the fourth quarter. Atlanta Capital Management Co. LLC now owns 3,104,900 shares of the textile maker valued at $302,541,000 after buying an additional 104,451 shares in the last quarter. JPMorgan Chase & Co. increased its position in Columbia Sportswear shares by 36.3% in the fourth quarter. JPMorgan Chase & Co. now owns 1,374,952 shares of the textile maker valued at $133,975,000 after buying an additional 366,034 shares in the last quarter. Invesco Ltd. increased its position in Columbia Sportswear shares by 2.2% in the third quarter. Invesco Ltd. now owns 1,362,159 shares of the textile maker valued at $130,550,000 after buying an additional 29,946 shares in the last quarter. Boston Trust Walden Corp increased its position in shares of Columbia Sportswear by 64.9% in the first quarter. Boston Trust Walden Corp now owns 965,434 shares of the textile maker valued at $87,401,000 after buying an additional 380,140 shares in the last quarter. Finally, State Street Corp increased its position in Columbia Sportswear shares by 2.7% in the fourth quarter. State Street Corp now owns 930,428 shares of the textile maker valued at $90,661,000 after buying an additional 24,224 shares in the last quarter. 48.65% of the shares are held by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Columbia Sportswear Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, sources, markets and distributes outdoor, active and everyday apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Canada. The company provides clothing, accessories and equipment that are used in various activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, climbing, mountaineering, camping, hunting, fishing, running , water sports, yoga, golf and adventure travel.
Get news and reviews for Columbia Sportswear Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of breaking news and analyst ratings for Columbia Sportswear and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s free daily email newsletter.